Who/What is ICOSEP?
People and Groups of the World Unite!
Special Alert: Many Latin American countries do not allow Florinef known (generically as Fludrocortisone) for adrenal children. Why?
1. It is allowed by the WHO Essential Medicines List
2. It is an inexpensive pill
3. When adrenal patients have an emergency-this pill saves their lives.
NO CHILD or adult should die because a $10 pill was not “allowed”.
We urge all governments to make it possible to save these precious children! Please!
To get involved email: email@example.com
Endocrinology is not well understood, valued or recognized. All endocrine professionals, patient support organizations and other supporters must unite to change this problem.
Endocrinology is more essential to the future of medicine than many well known specialties today.
For example…Endocrinologists are the only ones addressing:
- Medical problems affecting children’s growth (too much or too little) are NOT cosmetic issues. ICOSEP offers the only known free, downloadable book on medical issues correlating with children’s growth. See Publications tab for link.
- Parents should not “wait and hope” growth problems go away.
ICOSEP members are parent associations, and medical societies joined together as one team to help children with health issues which are identifiable by a disruption (too much or too little) in their physical growth.
ANNOUNCEMENT: ICOSEP is seeking volunteers to represent their country to assist children and health issue. Details can be found here. If you are interested (if there is not an ambassador listed here for your country) please email firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us a little about yourself and why you are interested. Thank you!
What is our purpose?
- ICOSEP is uniting people around the world to reduce the diagnosis time for discovering serious medical conditions which can be diagnosed in part by a child’s irregular growth pattern.
- We are building a global voice to share information and resources pertaining to medical conditions affecting children’s growth. People unite online each 20 September to share one simple message and encourage medical attention for undiagnosed children while time is still available. Our message: Is your child growing normally? Find out! Because a child’s growth is a serious sign of their health. Simple problems such as thyroid imbalances to serious life altering problems such as brain tumors can first show up in a child’s irregular growth pattern.”For information on this issue contact the Patient Groups or Medical Experts in your country. If you know of a group which is not represented on our list, please invite them to contact us. Qualifying membership is free.
Medical organizations supporting ICOSEP include:
(for a complete list click here)