If you do not have a diagnosis for
your child, this page is a good starting place to help you understand the facts
about children’s growth. We are
parents who have been through this experience with our children and are here to help
Each 20 September, we urge this
message to be shared: Is your child growing normally? Find out! Because irregular growth can be a sign of a
hidden health disorder. Join the movement to help children!
1. Causes of Growth Disorders Reference Guide
2. How to Start your Patient Group
3. Videos from Physicians speaking to the importance of Children’s Growth patterns
People, Societies and Organizations of the World Unite!
Every cell in our human bodies are impacted by hormones in our endocrine system. A healthy endocrine system is essential for healthy life!
Medical and patient organizations, as well as other supporters, are uniting to improve endocrine awareness. We foresee that endocrinology is more essential to the future of medicine.
Endocrinologists are the primary resources of addressing: Medical problems affecting children’s growth (too much or too little). Growth irregularities are NOT cosmetic issues they are early warning signs of potentially dangerous conditions! Parents and pediatricians should not “wait and hope” growth problems go away.
ICOSEP members are parent associations, and medical societies joined together as one team to help children with health issues which are identifiable by a disruption (too much or too little) in their physical growth.
What is our purpose?
- ICOSEP is uniting people around the world to reduce the diagnosis time for discovering serious medical conditions which can be diagnosed in part by a child’s irregular growth pattern.
- We are building a global voice to share information and resources pertaining to medical conditions affecting children’s growth. People unite online each 20 September to share one simple message and encourage medical attention for undiagnosed children while time is still available. Our message: Is your child growing normally? Find out! Because a child’s growth is a serious sign of their health. Simple problems such as thyroid imbalances to serious life altering problems such as brain tumors can first show up in a child’s irregular growth pattern. “For information on this issue contact the Patient Groups or Medical Experts in your country. If you know of a group which is not represented on our list, please invite them to contact us. Qualifying membership is free.
Thank you Contactus@icosep.org
International organizations supporting ICOSEP include:
(for a complete country by country list click here)
ANNOUNCEMENT: ICOSEP is seeking volunteers to represent their country to assist children and health issue. Details can be found here. If you are interested (if there is not an ambassador listed here for your country) please email firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us a little about yourself and why you are interested. Thank you!