ORDINARY PEOPLE CAN CHANGE THE WORLD!
Unite with us!
- Medical problems affecting children’s growth (too much or too little) are NOT minor cosmetic issues.
- NO- parents should not “wait and hope” medical problems go away.
- ICOSEP is uniting parents, organizations and medical professionals around the world. We strive to educate people about children’s growth as an important marker of their health.
What is our purpose? As parents of children who have been diagnosed with conditions, we could simply sit back and go on with our lives. However, during our years of searching for answers for our own children, we learned many lessons.
- Often people think growth is unimportant-WRONG!
- Growth is not understood to be a visual indicator of potentially serious problems developing in our children’s health-WRONG!
- It can be difficult to find experts on children’s growth-TRUE
We learned that serious conditions such as brain tumors, rare syndromes etc. can all have devastating and long term impacts on a child…And guess what- these problem can begin to show up by interfering with a child’s growth! It can be that child grows too quickly or too slowly-but it can be a sign! If this was your child wouldn’t you want to know as early as possible?
We are building a global alliance (voice) to share information and resources pertaining to medical conditions affecting children’s growth. Our global voice focuses on 20 September (an annual worldwide education campaign for Children’s Growth Awareness).
Together as ICOSEP, our united “voice” is louder and stronger. Children’s lives are changed!
Medical organizations supporting ICOSEP include:
(for a complete list click here )