ATTENTION – BILINGUAL PARENTS
ICOSEP, the international division of The MAGIC Foundation, would like you to consider becoming an Ambassador to assist with Children’s Growth Awareness in various countries. As a bilingual parent, you are able to help us make a difference many countries.
(I apologize-this is long but details are important…)
As many of you may be aware, I (a founder of MAGIC) retired from MAGIC to address concerns presented to us from families in various regions of the world. To make a long story short, MAGIC is one patient advocacy group on the ground level of building an International Coalition of Organizations Supporting Endocrine Patients (ICOSEP). ICOSEP has been extraordinarily well received with a focus on global education regarding the important health indications of children’s growth. MAGIC hosts the international group-which currently has member organizations from 35 countries and an international Board of Directors.
This coalition is comprised of patient advocate organizations representing a variety of medical conditions, physician organizations and other supporters. This union is a VERY important step for all endocrine patients throughout the world as we unite our voices and support each other globally. It is time that the world takes endocrinology seriously and …Together we are strong!
ICOSEP welcomes individuals (all medical conditions qualify) to serve as Ambassadors to various countries. These Ambassadors will be the go-between ICOSEP and the families, doctors and organizations in those countries.
What does volunteering for this position require?
1. Bilingual English and the Country you are representing.
2. Search the internet to develop a working list by which ( I will send you emails written in English) we can communicate with established patient advocate organizations and medical associations in that country. We hope to share resources and opportunities on a global level.
3. Be the international “face” of the Children’s Growth Awareness Campaign, from MAGIC for that country.
4.Â Update me as to activities etc. going on with regards to that country so that I can include information in the international newsletter (2 x annually).
What benefits do the Ambassadors receive?
1. Ambassadors fulfilling their role receive free annual membership in MAGIC and
2. (Americans) Are able to create fundraisers by which they can use funds to support programs in that country and for their airfare etc. to attend appropriate development programs in their represented country. We cannot offer this benefit to Ambassadors who reside outside of the US due to legal constraints. However, other options may be possible. Please contact me (info below) to discuss if this option is available for your country.
Volunteering as an Ambassador is something that you need to think about before confirming. Therefore, I ask that anyone interested in becoming an Ambassador (and being featured on the ICOSEP website as that country’s Ambassador, please contact me.
Thank you for your consideration!
U.S. families- Call MAGIC at (630) 836-8200 and leave a message for Jamie Harvey to call you about the Ambassador program.
For families outside the U.S.-Email (firstname.lastname@example.org) so that we can communicate about this opportunity in more detail.